Assurant is seeking a Residential Claims Adjuster in Miami,
FL, Melbourne, FL, Boston, MA, Hartford, CT and Montgomery,
Field Claims Adjusters are the face of Assurant Specialty
Property to the insured to make sure they are compensated correctly
according to their policy when they experience damage or loss. If
you are focused on customer service, enjoy helping people and can
make decisions in the best interests of the insured and the
company, this may be the job for you.
A Field Claims Adjuster uses their fact-finding skills to
investigate, adjust, and settle claims independently with a high
degree of accuracy and handle the more complex and/or
challenging activity. They work independently out of a home office
and will spend significant portion of time on-site investigating
and settling claims. They also are responsible for ongoing
communication and for providing status updates to the insured and
others associated with the claim activity. Successful candidates
will be computer literate and comfortable
working in a paperless environment. They will enjoy working with
customers face to face, be effective at listening and
communicating, and have confidence in resolving issues and
negotiating fair settlements. Assurant values a diverse workforce
where employees are treated with respect, are encouraged to
contribute, and have the opportunity for career growth.
Catastrophe bonus pay opportunities are available. Business
expenses, including home office set-up costs, will be reimbursed.
We also provide a company vehicle, reimburse travel
expenses, and provide a monthly cell phone allowance.
Special Considerations: Physical demands of the job include
working in extreme weather conditions and the ability to stand,
walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl when
necessary. A Field Claims Adjuster’s territory can include a
variety of neighborhoods, some of which may be in less than
desirable areas, with properties of varying degrees of
An Adjuster’s license may be required for states in which the Field
Claims Adjuster performs their job. If needed, Assurant will assist
you in obtaining the license within a specified time
frame and cover any related expenses.
This is a remote position
(Must be located in the specific locations as listed above)
Job Primary Accountabilities/
- Investigate, adjust, and settle claims up to a specified amount
for multiple product lines.
- Meet with insured to inspect losses and explain coverage.
- Communicate with mortgage representatives, property managers,
or other third-party administrators to obtain access and inspect
- Collect policy and claim data and information including
interviewing persons associated with the case and obtaining
- Document damage/losses and prepare written cost estimates.
- Document claim transactions and prepare and forward internal
reports as needed.
- Complete residential or mobile home claim settlement by
reaching agreements with insured, claimants, and their
representatives up to specified authority.
- May be given the more challenging and complex claim
- May periodically train new employees and serve as a resource to
others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working
relationships. Collaborate with internal support teams and
management as appropriate.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments and levels in
- Maintain industry knowledge and operational skills and attend
workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year face-to-face customer service
- Minimum of two years property claims adjusting experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability
to navigate and enter data on multiple screens
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of construction basics
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Ability to mediate disagreements and resolve differences of
opinion to achieve win-win outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Poised and professional demeanor
- Respond to catastrophes and other temporary assignments outside
of territory as requested